View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 10:49 PM

Prep and clear coat them yourself! Save your...

money for more important things. You'll probably want to paint them and then clear coat them, they will look great! Prep work is the key, 180 grit paper to start to get the heavy stuff off. Make sure they're CLEAN before applying the paint and clear. It's a good project that you can really admire after completion. I do all of my own mechanicals and paint, so I'm partial to who works on my vehicle.

Greg Fragano

83 500SL (148K) Euro, Auto, Just starting to appreciate it's potential! Effortless power, smooth as silk and very comfortable! Amazed at how well it performs with as many miles it has logged.

86 BMW Cinnebar Red 635Csi, 5 speed, Conforti chip, 3.71 diff, definitely a great adrenaline boost! Super car and not afraid to take it on long road trips! Drove it from Dallas TX to Cape Cod MA earlier this summer with my 5 year old son, I really had a blast!

I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy two great German motor cars, their similarities and differences! Will send a picture of the SL when it is available. German engineering kicks some serious booty!

Ciao!

Greg