View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Loose Cannon - No Balls

Some direct quotes of the documents in question would certainly help your case, regardless of whether they can actually be produced.

As for the RPM change, my '91 SDL had the lower RPM settings, as did all .970 engines. I think that you need to check your source on that. Further, the later .971 engined had a higher operating RPM, both of which tend to contradict your theory that lower RPM reduced failures.

The head gasket was superceded several times according to GSXR's data, as was the head, the final head revision (22) being after the .970 ended production and toward the middle of the .971 production from the same source.

I've been able to view some of my Mercedes-Benze Microfische using a loupe (sp?), it can be enlarged at a printing shop as we used to enlarge printed-circuit film into blueprints. I don't know how many shops still have these Brown cameras though.

I wonder if any radiologists have equipment for enlarging images? Seems that X-rays used to be stored on microfische the same way we archived obsolete blueprints before document scanners.

Gone to the dark side

- Jeff