View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Mercy

Modification

I am in the process of building a pop tester based on Cornblatt's design. However, I read in some MB manual that the valve functions to control the rate at which injector pressure increases thus allowing a more accurate reading of pop pressure. I'm thinking that to accomplish this, the sequence should be: bottle jack -- valve -- gauge -- injector. This way the gauge reading will be the pressure at the injector side.

The pop pressure procedure would then be:

1) Pump bottle jack with valve closed.
2) Slowly open valve to increase pressure at the injector side. The gauge should then show increase in pressure.
3) If pressure is not enough, close valve, pump jack and then slowly open valve. Repeat until injector pops.

I will build mine this way and let you guys know how it turns out. The only problem is that I am having difficulty finding 6mm OD Merc injector lines. Another option is to obtain an old delivery valve holder so I can temporarily use one of the injector lines on my 300D. Anyone have a spare injector line or delivery valve holder I can buy?

I have 5 Monark nozzles from C. Sean Watts that I'm itching calibrate and install.