View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM

SOLD: OM617 for 1985 300TD RUNNING!! in socal

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hey all-

I have an OM617 which was pulled from a 1985 300TD. The turbo was no good (still had trapox) but I have just test run it with the turbo removed and all is well!

What you are buying is a complete 300TD, less the turbo and trapox. It is running, and can be test run in your presence. I am including the accessories as well - alternator, flywheel, etc are all still attached. pumps, fans the whole shebang. You just need your own turbo (you can have my dead one as a core) and you will have a running om617.

Why is the this a big deal? It's a wagon engine, AND its an 85. If you can find one of these around, consider yourself lucky. I had bought this to put into my 80 wagon, but I've moved on to other things (got a new car, and starting on a 240D build) since my wagon gave up the ghost. If you have a 300TD, this is THE engine to get. You can't use a non-wagon headed engine in a wagon due to the SLS pump mount / drive being cast into the head itself.

I am not sure what this engine will be worth to someone, so I am not setting an asking price. I may change this if I can find comparison sales of 85 wagon engines. Offer me what you think it's worth.

I'm located in southern Orange County, California. Laguna Hills specifically - zip code 92653. The engine is currently in my garage, sitting on a tire. You will need to bring something to get the engine into your car. I would help you powerlift it into your vehicle, but I just threw out my back a few days ago doing that exact thing with an OM616 and my wagon.

Again, the engine can be test run in your presence, or I am happy to give you video if that is what you like. I will be available for local pickup, and while I would like to get the most money I can, my preference is that I get rid of it soon so i can park my shiny new car in my garage.

If you have questions, ASK!

Last edited by dudemanstan; 02-21-2011 at 06:19 PM.