View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Nicht verantwortlich

I'm not going for huge horsepower. My plan is nice and sequential. Upgrade things properly the first time 'round leaving plenty of room for future capacity should I head down that road. I'm definately going to keep as much of the stock "cold" air intake as I can because it's one of the strongest parts of the equation.

My reasoning; The injection pump is old anyway, if I'm going to replace it why not find an "M" pump which will support plenty of power. The little T3 has held up admirably but I think the HX30 is the best compromise between potential power and packaging. Feel free to solicit any other ideas on replacement turbos though as I'm not totally committed to the Holset yet. Installing a 722.3 transmission can't be that hard and the price is right for the one I have arranged courtesy of my friend Al over in the vintage forum. I'm not trying to create a screamer, just keep going with my vision of a "Q" ship diesel S class. I think a 2.88 diff swap would be in order down the road as well. The w126 chassis is quite a fast one so it's a great starting bed.

edit: Wouldn't the bov help out on gearchanges or is completely supflerous in a turbodiesel?