View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedbenz View Post
I've been in and out of a LOT of w126s in the junkyards, as well as the 2 I own.. never saw MBTex on any of them. Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I've never seen it either.

Finding them is indeed a challenge. I'm getting ready to put two front seats in my 300SDL that I brought home from a 1991 560SEL that had nicer seats... and just to accentuate, they're the wrong interior color and they're STILL going to be better than the seats I'm using. So that's how hard it is to get hold of (affordably) decent ones.

My interior is sort of the light tan... I've never known if it was palomino or not but it's like tan mixed with beige... it's about to get front seats that are grayish. Even if somebody wanted to put it back "Right" someday, the ones I've got are so far gone they aren't even a starting point.
I'm in the same boat. In my 82, it appears it came with tex seats (at least the back bench is tex, came with a w123 seat), and I put the seats from my other SD in it. Problem is being palomino in a blue interior, although its not as ugly as one might think...If the OP is a junkyard fiend, finding seats is not that hard. There are always decent MBs in the junkyard I go to, just haven't gotten around to pulling them. $350 is a good price for a full good-condition interior already pulled, however I would think the shipping would make or break that offer. Those things are not lightweight and obviously quite large. Tex wears much better than the leather over the years, but there is something about the leather that is just really nice , there is also leatherique to repair minor imperfections.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth