View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post
I can see why the factory reinforced one failed... The piece that makes the triangle is just going to bend in/down. IMO there needs to be a vertical metal piece, perpendicular, so the tab can't bend inward...

it makes no difference. the real problem is that the actuator is on one side and the front track is 16 inches away. if the front sticks, the actuator cant supply a downward component, only a torque. think of trying to lift a weight at the end of a broomstick. the induced torque then jams the mechanism. the short arm then travels down because the motor is very powerful. as it moves down its angle with the triangle bracket becomes small and the force the long arm produces is multiplied by the short leg of the triangle because it is now a very efficient lever. I would guess this bracket even if reinforced, will see 2-300 lbs force becuase of this multiplication angle. no matter how strong the bracket is, it will bend or the short or long arm will bend. solve the front track sticking problem and you will fix it, then the original unreinforced bracket will be more than enough. Ive run my windows up and down with the covers off literally 100's of times and it works perfect if I help the front track. Im going to try sunroof glide wax next before I go to the Dodge tracks

1982 300CD Turbo (Otis, "ups & downs") parts for sale
2003 TJ with Hemi (to go anywhere, quickly) sold
2001 Excursion Powerstroke (to go dependably)
1970 Mustang 428SCJ (to go fast)
1962 Corvette LS1 (to go in style)
2001 Schwinn Grape Krate 10spd (if all else fails)