View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Nicht verantwortlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupin..the..3rd View Post
"Help out" with what?

Like vstech said, there is no throttle plate. How is a blow off valve going to work without a throttle plate?

Answer: it wont.
Me seeking clarification on something I'm unsure of doesn't give you permission to be a snot.

As for finding space there's miles of room behind the front bumper and plenty of room to plumb the pipe in with those silicon connectors. The trick is going to be in how much of the original intake system I can keep. The stock intake is a powerhouse but it's also quite large.

Issues:
-finding an HX30 (they're bloody rare!)
-finding an "M" pump
-alignment of oil supply / return tube
-Wastegate connundrum, I can't seem to find out if the HX30 has an internal wastegate or not. I'd prefer external but internal saves more space and requires less fabrication with the exhaust manifold. I'm guessing the majority of HX30's have internal wastegates since they were stock on Dodge Ram 2500's and stock turbos usually have internal wastegates for simplicity/cost reasons.
-I'd like to avoid having to fabricate an exhaust manifold because turbo exhaust manifolds require tough metal but I'm not opposed to doing it.

As they would say on Top Gear "There's quite a lot left to do if we're honest..." But I'm freaking excited for this build. I love the 617 as an engine.