View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
general nuisance

Yeah, I don't think I could take my vehicle to anyone for that kind of stuff either. For the Mercedes I can think of one person who I would trust if it came to that but he's a private indy running his own place in the country and he's the only one, and he would be more than happy to have me voice my thoughts and discuss.

For the VW's, no, there's no one I would take them to, end of story, I can do everything they need and I hear too many bad things about the local VW dealer and other VW dealers so no no no.

Had a 87 VW Quantum Syncro wagon once, spent a fortune at an indy replacing the disc brakes front and rear, they failed to put the rubber boot on the rear caliper back over the ebrake cable end and it froze that way in the winter. I wouldn't have cared had they admitted it but I took it in and they 'fixed' the problem, and when I went back they denied it was that way...ok, done here.

Dodge dealer in Des Moines once called me after I took the van in for replacing an egr valve and trans shifting problem, said they couldn't get the doghouse off because of a (factory) installed console, I had to go down there and do it for them...lol

There have been other situations as well.
90 Passat variant TDI 6 speed MT
94 Chevy K1500 6.5TD
05 E320 CDI
+ others