View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:05 AM

There are two of them. One kind of hugs the motor area with a vent area of about 8" by 12" under the fan to allow air draw. It overlaps the second pan which is much longer. It too is a molded piece that extends to the rear mid length down the drive shaft. Originally they both had sound absorption material layered on the up side. Mine soaked with oil like a spill mat over time. I scrapped it all out and it was actually louder i.e. drum membrane.

The screw tabs also started breaking off so I tossed it. If one is fashioned it will need some serious sound dampening material installed. I’ve seen some heavy “tar” backed foil that might work. Or hood blanket material. Very pricy though and I wonder if it is really worth it. I’d guess $150 –$200 (mostly in dampening material) if done in fiberglass. You also need brackets for the forward part of the transmission cover. I’m waiting to get all of the leaks stopped otherwise the fluids just pool up and then pour out when you park on an angle or slope.