View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Diesel Dandy

Thumbs up Hang Tough !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggle Dog View Post
At first I was thinking of grafting the wagon parts on a rust-free body, but I am now leaning more toward just cutting out the rusty panels and replacing them. I would want to make sure at the very least that every VIN number stamped on the body was the same!

I talked with the owner today, but apparently someone else wants the wagon and now I'm sort of in a bidding war... He did say that he would feel better about selling it to me, but I would have to pay at least $1,000 for it, maybe more.

It's a bit disappointing. I want the car, but I don't want to get taken advantage of or play silly games. I'd pay $1,000 cash and pick it up ASAP, but regardless of the rarity, there's nothing like rust to kill a car's value, and it's going to take quite some doing to make it whole again.

I should know for sure tomorrow. If he'll sell the car to me for $1,000 I'll get it and have it here Friday or Saturday. If he changes his mind and says he wants more money or wants the other person who is interested to make a counter-offer it is really going to be aggravating and I'll probably have to fold.
We've all been there , don't let your emotions get the better of your common sense .

If he gets too greedy , leave him a card with your contact info and in a month or so when he realizes you were the only one with $ , he'll call you .

I'm hoping you get it , I also hope you have a full idea of what you're getting into as I see many good cars get scrapped after owners give up .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better