View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang View Post
It may have worked well for you.
but it is not good advice for bleeding brakes...and we have no way of knowing how well it really worked for you... specifically whether it left some old brake fluid in your system....this is also the reason you bleed the longest line first... so that when the others are bled you know that NEW fluid it being run into them....
You need a secure one way function.. new fluid in at the top, air and old fluid and junk pushed out at the bottom with force. Not ' some ( unknown amount ) out at the bottom and sucking back in'...
There is also the matter of the threads of the bleeder potentially letting air back in on the suck as that flows easier than the new ( and lower situated ) new fluid...
The regular system is easy and fool proof. Don't try to get tricky or lazy on Brake items...
And do not think I do not know how much trouble it is to get help for this procedure done right if you do not have a bleeder....as I do not... and train the helper.... 40 years of being a one man operation on mechanicing...

Well someone should tell my Auto Shop teacher and my Grandfather. both of them had shown me this procedure. And they had more knowledge than both of us. They were not lazy either. If You had ever tried it you would know you will go through about a half quart of fluid so i doubt there is any old fluid in there.

I am glad the poster got his brakes fixed, I was just trying to show another method that works when you have no help.