Thread: Cheap-ass
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 07:00 AM
If you are going to use this pump, you better have a REALLY GOOD drill! This pump is designed for removing a half quart, not 8 quarts. It's NOT designed to draw it 2 feet, only a couple of inches. An electric drill is not designed for high torque for extended periods of time.

A drill good enough to pump 8 quarts with this pump, without overheating, would cost way more than a topsider or other device.

Topsiders are very necessary in a marine application where you do not have access below. Every Benz I've ever seen has easy access below. The worst case scenario is removing 6 or 8 eight millimeter bolts and dropping the belly pan. Big Deal! I am completely baffled why there are so many people that don't want to to pull a few SMALL bolts and stick a drain pan underneath.

I'm sorry to be so anally retentive, but I just don't get it. Call me stupid!

Don't get me wrong. This is a free country and you can do whatever you want and it's fine with me. I'll even help you build one if I can. I'll help you use it if you're bent on doing so. I just can't understand why, that's all.

My $0.02,