View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 PM

Will soon be at the Fort Worth PNP

Three forum member expressed an interest in the car but none ever came to look at it. I donated it to the purple heart veterans charity (wish this had existed in 1969). They in turn have contacted PNP in Fort Worth to pick the car up tomorow. Don't know when it will appear on the lot but you can tell its mine ffom the following information: Helping Veterans Car Donation Program?OnlineYear:1983Make:Mercedes BenzModel:300DColor:WhiteVIN:WDBAB33A6DB031332Mileage:215,600

Were I still searching for parts, I would quickly grab the following which are all less than two years old and less than 5K miles. Front rotors and calipers; all the pads are new ceramic Akebono; new AC compressor and hoses including the expensive manifold assembly (AC working fine at time of crash); half shafts; center support bearing; ventilation blower; vacuum pump, tach amplifier.

Take the entire engine - it's had oil and filter changes every 3k miles since new and runs strong. Replace the engine mounted alternator bracket (I'll be selling one I have) as the bolt broke and ovaled the mounting hole. Works now but should be replaced. Also, replace the oil filter to engine gasket - it has a small leak.

I'll be listing my large inventory of new parts and good used parts individually on ebay (user name Doctordlean) as this forum doesn't seem to be a good way to sell and auction will determine what things are worth. Items will probalby not appear until late May when the semester ends.
1983 300D, bought new, 215k+ miles, donated to Purple Hearts veterans charity but I have parts for sale: http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-benz-cars-sale/296386-fs-1-owner-83-mb-300d-turbo-rebuild-parts.html