View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 08:57 PM
yelrah32

air intake manifld/ glowplugs

Stephenson
I do have a positive crankcase ventilation system, if it's the black tubing that comes out of the valve cover and to each of the intake manifold pipes almost to where they attach to the block. Are you suggesting that I block the hole in each pipe and route it from the top of the valve cover or plug the hole in the valve cover and route it from each pipe to under the engine somewhere???

I too soaked the manifold all night at a motorcycle shop across the street. (mineral spirits, ran on it continuous all night) I didn't have severe blockage as you had but it was pretty caked in there. I scrubed it pretty good though. I got it all put back together and everything seems ok.

The reason I went thru all this was because it was taking so long to start when cold. I'll see in the morning if this fixed the problem.

Get this, I just had the alternator rebuilt; aparently it was the original alternator from 85. The guy had to rebuild it twice. I think the alternator problem is from the car taking so long to start, therefore draining the battery. thanks for the reply yelrah