View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienkeeper View Post
Had posted several months ago. Car stalls every week or so. All lights flash near speedometer after car restarts. Only stops running when going under 40 or much less. Lights flash on mirror the red and green. Sometimes the check engine stays on for days then disappears. When attempting to restart after stalling the check again light will not come on when starting. It is a normal process for it to show but disappears after it starts Other than Mercedes all the so-call certified mercedes shops will not look at it. The stalls are getting longer whereas it takes longer to restart. This problem from December had stopped in early Jan. but is now starting again. Majority of the time the car stops when I am hardly moving,just shutters and stops. Any thoughts on whether this is a Harness or K-40 relay problem.
I don't believe the 96 model had the same harness problem that the earlier years did, and from a standpoint of cost and labor, the K-40 relay would be my first choice. Many of the issues you write about can be caused by a failing K-40 relay, so I think it would be worth a shot to replace it and see what happens. Good luck...