View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 01:08 PM
goose

I've been driving the car for two weeks and it's been hard to start every time. I took the engine directly from the first car and put it in the second car; the first car had been my daily driver up until the day I took the engine out. The swap took me 3 days so the engine went from starting easy in one car to starting hard in the other car in only 3 days; I wish it could be something as simple as adjusting the valves. I did put some multipurpose diesel fuel conditioner in the tank along with 5 gallons fresh diesel before I started the car the first time since the car hadn't been operable for a few months. How would I check to see if the fuel lines are a problem? The PO had replaced the tank a while ago (his tank vent got pluggged so the tank crumpled) so I'm pretty sure the tank is in good shape.

I also was sure to bleed the line with the manual pump before starting for the first time. From what I've heard the engine will purge itself of air after running a little while anyway? If not I can try and bleed the lines again.