View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 02:44 PM

aggressive spoilers

Thanks.

The AMG front airdam is indeed very aggressive, the rear and side skirts are too but since the self leveling is stuck at half mast that hasn't been an issue yet. When I do a performance (AMG?) exhaust with twin tips I may want to keep the rear off the ground.

I prefer a stiff ride, as this will be more of a peformance car than a family car for me; however if my airdam will strike anything in its' path I may have to write off H&R's. As it is the airdam is curbed in many places.

I had the impression that the Sportline springs were not as low as the H&R, and were quite stiff, so I thought they might be a good compromise.

As for struts, if the Bilstein Sports are intended for lowered cars with a shorter "cycle" wouldn't that preclude using them with Sportline springs or are the Sportline springs still low enough to be a good match? I would think the 500E springs might be better matched with Bilstein HD???

My mind is stuck on Bilstein for 'perceived quality.' The lifetime guarantee may be to blame. I don't know who manufactures the 500E struts, the limiting aspect sound interesting, and I thought the Sportlines were Sachs Boge- The quality of the OE Sachs shocks in my Alfa Romeo made a swap to Konis de rigeuer, so I have preconceived (possibly mistaken) notions about these.

As for ET28, the Hammers were lowered and wore this size albeit with the fenders rolled. My fenders are slightly rolled; i think the spring/strut action is more to blame than the offset, although I'll soon find out. If Cardude runs 18x8 (awesome loking wagon Cardude!) without rubbing, I'm hoping to keep the 225/45 fronts. 215/45 doesn't fill an 8 inch wide wheel as well.

The photo shows the low front Airdam, chewed front fender and the overall stance of the car.

Always happy to have my misconceptions righted
Attached Thumbnails
Spring has sprung, suspension advice please-amg-test-dr-2.jpg  

AMG 300TE 6.0

E320 Cabrio

http://photos.yahoo.com/dshimano