View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:05 AM

Posted this quite a while ago. Still have truck and runs fine, did not burn WMO when diesel was reasonable. About to start again.

I commute 95 miles a day 21 days a month. Before the 240d I did all the driving in my 90 F250 7.3. When diesel got so high I set up a barrel at work, filled with 30 gallons diesel and 20 gallons waste oil. installed a pump that would circulate the mix through a 5 micron, then when pumped out I had a second 5 micron filter. The 7.3 IDI have a fuel heater in the filter base and 2 tanks, I would keep clean diesel in the back tank and the mix in a 50 gal aux tank that drains into the front tank. I did this for about 10 months with no problem, heat makes the odor and smoke go away. Couple of times I forgot to switch to back tank when parking for the night, in the morning smoke and odor but still ran fine.
I saved more than 1200.00 doing this which more than payed for the MB. I would do it again but only in the Ford. 2 tanks, fuel heater and cheap injection pump make it a much better canidate.