View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
10mm MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnik View Post
Let's discuss dual stage injectors separately, I have them installed in my SD.
Language is German.

The reason why I don't like your plan of new thread on 617 injector body is that you can not use the heat shield plates any more. Means these you also need to do custom).
I will have to turn down the outer diameter of the heat shield just a bit for it to fit in the smaller bore, but when looking at the heat shield, the area I will be removing is chamfered, so it is not doing any real sealing anyway.

I am going to use a fine thread (20 to 28 TPI), which will have a thread depth of .030 inches per side max. This will reduce the cross section of the injector housing that will be pressed against the heat shield. With the finer thread, there will be a higher clamp load on the heat shield, so I am thinking that the reduced sealing area will not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnik View Post
Can't you just cut off the upper part of old angled 60x PCs and weld them to the rest of the cut 617 PC?
I made a thread ring with the 60x thread, machined off the thread of the 617 body as well as a step and pushed the ring on, fixed it by welding.

Tom
(this was how I put dual stage injectors to a angled PC).
I am not a fan of welding a PC together because of the shock waves and thermal cycles. Additionally I would be concerned about the alloys weld ability quality for such an extreme application.

After reading that you had to press on a sleeve with threads on it, I am sure that the thread OD is larger than I want. I want to keep the thread OD as small as possible which allows me the most angle options.

I'll do a proof of concept in the next few weeks, and I see if I like it or not. It would not be the first time that I through something that I did in the trash.