View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 11:26 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
Sounds like a very pretty car. It definitely sounds worth every bit of what he wants for it.

Are you sayin' that you are going to purchase it, if anyone here thinks it's worth more than you will give for it? I guess I got a doiuble meaning form your post. It sounds like you are interested in the car yourself, but if someone here will give more for it, then you will post pics.e of it to sell.
I am interested in the car, but judging by what's needed on it, and the general shape it's in, I do not believe it is worth 1800. oh, I know it's WORTH 1800, but not to me. I will be giving up my 82 I've had for 11 years, and passing it on to my old partner in business... in trade for his 82 with head gasket/crack issues, and a complete a/c overhaul payment.
I'll then put his 82 up for sale once it's all fixed up. I've always wanted an 85SD, and his is an early one with the two outer hood release latches, instead of the SDL/123/124 center pull tongue release... I just like that style better. I rebuilt his odometer when it started slipping, so I know the mileage is accurate. the color is complementary to what I've had, and his seats are in pretty decent shape.

another bonus to the car, is it's a color my significant other does not like, so she'll stay out of the car.

he's pretty decent with the car, he likes diesel's and has several, two vw's and two benz, plus a pair of busses, and a large truck.
I think he just wants more toward what he's paid for the car, and wants to start driving his 123 with FARRRR lower miles. (it's a great car, he just had me completely go through the car, and it's cherry now) I'm not looking forward to the massive list of things the SD is going to need to be roadworthy...
if any of you are really interested in the car I'll happily forward the information to you all. I'll take some good pictures, and post them here or in the for sale section.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!