View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
{They're very good cars at what they can do, accelerating fast is not one of them.}

That about sums it up, and as said in the above threads. get every thing adjusted as best as you can, clean filters and just hammer down. you are only looking at 67 naturally exasperated horse power.

Having a manual transmission will help over having an automatic.

I live at sea level about 70 miles south of San Francisco. at sea level it runs pretty good, and I can keep up with the majority of drivers. except for the idiots that go faster than me.

Since the first of April, I have been to Portland Oregon, and 2 trips to Carson City, Nevada where I am now. I will say at 7700ft she is a bit slow going over Hwy 50. and it is around 4500ft here on the valley floor. I do see a her being sluggish on any little up grade, and especially with 4 people inthe car.
Between Redding, Ca and Ashland, Or is the Siskiyou`s which is quite a climb and will get you racing the 18 wheelers.

Next week Iam heading down to Semi Valley (Los Angeles) and going over the Grape Vine on Hwy I-5 should be interesting. If any of you see an Ivory colored 240, honk as you fly by.

Down hill the 240 will have no problem.

with you living in Tampa, Fl it should be pretty flat terrain and shouldn`t be much of a problem. bottom line all depends on your age and Testosterone level how fast you want to go.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works