View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Oil Cooler advice

Hi, I have an 87 300 TDT and the other day an oil cooler line started to leak bad enough I can't drive it. So after some investigation I found that it appears that the line is either rusted or split on the elbow where it attaches to the cooler. It looks as though this is not an easy fix. I can't imagine getting those lines off that engine in looking where they are. So can I bypass? I probably can loop the two together with a couple of fittings and that would be the end of it. I am thinking a couple compression hydraulic fittings to get to JIC and then couple them together. Anyone ever done this? I live in Canada and I never tow or go too far with it anyway so I can't imagine the cooler is all that critical. Does anyone even know the size of the hose or fittings? I had a hard time finding fittings to fit the hydro suspension and they were not cheap. I should mention MB wants $700.00 for the lines. Can the lines be blocked at the engine? Or does it need to circulate? I still would have to take them off but I wouldn't have to put them back on. Any help would be great, I need to decide what to do as I need the ol girl.