View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junqueyardjim View Post
Well yes, that would work. But Funola, that is not really the problem. The problem I think is in the ignition switch (or the harness end that connects to it) and is related to the fact that my harness connector does not seem able to lock up to the ignition switch. I have the little white circular thing in the back of the switch and it turns when I turn the key. But there is nothing I can see in the harness plug besides the 7 terminal posts and a rather large rectangular hole (opening). I had a real problem getting it apart and I wonder now if I broke it and a piece is missing. So I will continue searching. Let me know if you find something.
Well you did say "the 240D wiring does not have the little junction box to jump it from under the hood" so I thought you have no way to get the car started so I thought of a way for you/

To get the keyed harness connector to pull out of the electrical ignition switch, you have to turn the key to the same position to remove the tumbler. If you don't do that, there's a chance of breaking something.