View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 AM

Hey Army,

Been working on the tachometer today and I have a couple questions you might have answers to.

1) The wires coming out of the back of the actual tachometer that goes in the dash cluster are black/green striped and black/red striped. However, out of the back of the Tach Amplifier the two wires are Brown and Black. Can I connect black/red striped wire to the black wire and the Black/Green striped wire to the brown wire or is there somewhere under the dash that they connect before going up to the tach...? I don't want to take all the wires apart under the dash if I don't need to.

2) When i removed the clock from and replaced it with the tach, I plugged the red power wire that was in the clock into the tach and now the clock in the tach works. So I know I have power to the clock at least...

3) I couldn't for the life of me remove the sensor, it seems there is a bolt holding it in place. The picture you attached shows the hole for a bolt, but I'm not sure what mm it is. Maybe 6, or 7? Not quite sure. Do you know? It's really hard to get in there due to clearances. And I broke the wire off the back of the sensor....woops. I'm hoping I can repair it if I can remove it from the wagon but I'm really not sure if I'll be able to.

4) Any idea where I could order a tach sensor? Maybe fastlane parts. If I can't get the wagons off then I'll probably have to order a new one.

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.

'85 Euro 300D - 258k 4 spd manual
'85 300TD Wagon - 180k - SOLD
Always looking