View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
is thinning the herd

OM603 Won't Start after IP Swap

I just put my OM603 back together after swapping pumps. It had a horrible misfire at idle and shook really bad, so after some reading here I decided to put in my spare, untested injection pump. However I was told the donor car drove to the junkyard. It was dented, rusty, moldy, and just plain a nasty car beyond repair, the motor however did look pretty clean, and like I said the guy told me it drove itself to its final resting place. I can't verify that. I resealed the oil seals with dealer gaskets and installed viton DV seals and new crush washers. The pump is timed correctly, however I did intentionally reinstall it at 14* ATDC.

Cranking the car it cranks really strong, but never even starts to cough to life.

We pulled the 6 hard lines off of the injectors and no fuel is coming out of them.

I pulled the line from the lift pump to the canister fuel filter off, sprayed fuel, so the lift pump is good.

Pulled the line off the canister filter to the IP, sprayed fuel. So fuel is leaving the filter and going to the pump.

But no fuel will leave the pump.

What to test now? All the lines look hooked up correctly.

The only thing I did notice is the stop lever on the "new" pump doesn't sit as high as the stop lever on the old pump and the action of it does not feel as tight, however it does feel like it is moving something when you push it down.

Nissan GTR - Nissan Skyline GTS25T - Toyota GTFour - Rover Mini - Toyota Land Cruiser HJ60 - Cadillac Eldorado - BMW E30 - BMW 135i