View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
believe it or not this happens all the time in the 4x4 community.

Diesels are easier to save because the engine doesnt rely as much on electronics.

As stated before - change all fluids NOW. Make sure the cyls are not full of water as described above. Pull glow plugs and crank it.

You will probably lose the GP relay and wiper motor etc. Anything electric will be ruined. radio, wire harness - you will never dry it out enough to stop it from shorting. The engine and tranny though - just drain & dry then refil & fire it up!
Hmm this is a good thing to check. the underhood relays can be opened up, and soaked in penetrating oil like wd-40 and may survive. the WD stands for water dispersant... before turning the key to the on position with the battery in, I'd remove EVERY electronic box, and soak with wd, then windex. and dry them out.
you can connect a good battery for spinning the motor, but don't use the key, use a starter jump switch.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!