View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 03:02 AM

Cylinder Removal

I just started my DIY cylinder head job on my car. This is my second day and already removed the valve cover, the air pump, exhaust bolts the upper front seal etc. As you can see on the picture I tried to remove the screws on the left side of the timing chain gear. The chain tensioner has been removed also but still there is no slack. So, I tried to unscrew the bolt on the flywheel gear using a T-40 torq bit. If you look at the picture it got busted.
So my next move was to to remove the lower chain rail on the right side of the timing gear. I tried to used a modified puller to pull the pin but the thread inside the pin got busted too.
My next move was to fry it out and everything went wrong. So I then I tried to fry the chain rail out a little bit and used a hack saw to cut the pin. Could anybody tell what is the name of this pin so I could order it.
Could anyone tell me also how to remove the chain fron the gear ? The chain has been marked and set the timing at 0 TDC.
This is the one that holding right now.
Tomorrow I am going to remove the intake manifold and unscrew the 14 cylinder head bolts.
Please help.

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Cylinder Removal-p1010282_a.jpg  
07 Lexus IS250