View Single Post
Old 03-07-2000, 01:49 PM
ncarter ncarter is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Posts: 214
In front of the air cleaner on my '83 240D there is a black device that I presume recovers the oil from the gases ventilated from the crankcase. It's connected to the top of the valve cover, the intake underneath the air cleaner housing, and the oil sump pan. I had the part number (which is molded into the top of the part) but don't have it in front of me.

Is this something that can be maintained or should be replaced? Mine is slowly leaking oil from various places, most notably the tube that goes down to the oil sump pan, also the tube connecting to the top of the valve cover. It's dripping onto the alternator, which concerns me. I didn't see any mention of it in my service manuals, but I didn't know the name of the part so wasn't sure what to look for.

- Nathan
'83 240D, 250k miles
Reply With Quote