View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
All Star User

Lightbulb DIY: Mercedes (W163) ML320 / ML350 Oil Change with PICTURES

Hey guys this was a very quick oil change and not tough to do at all! This Oil Change Do It Yourself applies to all Mercedes ML320 and (163) Mercedes ML350

All you need is:
9 Quarts of Mobil1 0W40
1 Fleece Type Oil filter (Fleece filter is white, not the cheap paper colored kind)

- You do not need to raise the truck since there is plenty of room under the vehicle.

1) Simply warm up the truck. Park on a flat surface and Turn off the truck. Remove oil filler cap. Make sure your drain pan is large enough for the 8 quarts of oil that will be coming out.

2) Get under the truck and un-screw the drain plug(on the passenger side of engine) and watch it come flying out. Let it drain like a dealer never would. (go have a beer or do some yard work)

3) Un-tighten Oil Filter housing and make sure you are wearing gloves or you will need lots of paper towels. Remove old filter and provided elastic washers.

4) Install new oil filter and elastic washers on housing and tighten back into position. Get under the truck and screw on the drain plug.

5) According to the Mercedes Manual this engine requires 8.5 US qts of oil (8 L's). Add 8 quarts of Mobil 1 0w40. Start up the truck for a couple minutes and check the oil level. Add the next .5 qts of oil at your discretion.

If you have any further questions, please call your local Mercedes dealer because they will convince you to come in and not trust what you have just read online.

p.s. The Ebay Oil Extractor you see in this picture died at birth. Never sucked out any oil period.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Mercedes (W163) ML320 / ML350 Oil Change with PICTURES-img_0402.jpg   DIY: Mercedes (W163) ML320 / ML350 Oil Change with PICTURES-img_0403.jpg   DIY: Mercedes (W163) ML320 / ML350 Oil Change with PICTURES-img_0405.jpg   DIY: Mercedes (W163) ML320 / ML350 Oil Change with PICTURES-img_0400.jpg  

R.I.P.
Mercedes C-Class - W202 Lemon
Mercedes ML - Warrior
VW Jetta – Worst Car I ever owned - Alot of problems

Last edited by trueog; 05-23-2011 at 11:48 PM.