View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 AM

An update; I forgot the ABS input connected to the brake light circuit prior to the lamp relay so tonight I disconnected the ABS controller and tried it out. Same lights still out, but I did notice that, although the bulb out indicator is still on, the ABS warning did not light and it had been lit when the sensor cable was cut (until a few weeks ago). Also, the car ran like crap with the ABS controller disconnected. Don't know if it is pertinent; I am grasping at straws and was also notified that the new brake light switch and lamp relay did not leave the warehouse today. If it is not one of those, the last thing left is a bad common ground with either the lamp relay or headlight switch and so far I have been unsuccessful at identifying where the lamp relay grounds. Has anyone dug this far into to it?

If I have a problem with my Mercedes, I go to MercedesShop. If I have a problem with my BMW, I go to BimmerNut.
If I have a probem with my Dell, I reboot it. I was an engineer for them for 10 years and we blamed everything on Microsoft.

Last edited by zhandax; 06-02-2011 at 04:57 AM.