View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdji View Post
Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group
presents:
The 2nd Annual (O.K.,so we skipped a year)
Route 66 and Speedway Cruise
Saturday October 15th 2011.

The cruise will start in two locations, Cajon Summit at the Summit Inn, and at Norms Restaurant in Santa Monica.
We will cruise Route 66 and meet at the Justice Bros. Museum in Duarte, and we will end the cruise at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale to show our cars and make 2 laps on the 1/2 mile oval.
All drivers and 1 passenger will get free entrance to the speedway for Saturday nights NASCAR racing. Any additional guests get 1/2 off admission ($7.50).
I will start a roll call thread about a month before the cruise.
This event is for ALL Mercedes Benz automobiles however, keep in mind it is also a car show, so we need to have our cars nice and clean and shiny for the event!! I would like to see more older 123's, 116's and maybe some vintage 107's, 108's and 111's at this event, so if you know someone who has an older car, please invite them to join us!
I will make up a flier that you can print to give to other MBZ owners that may not be on the forums. As always, I will also make available car placards to display on your car at the car show.
If you have attended one of the many events my brother (ROLLGUY) and I have organized, then you WILL NOT want to miss this one!!!
Stay tuned for updates and be looking for the roll call thread .......Dennis

Here is the link to the first Route 66 cruise we did in 2009.
This is an awesome event, not to be missed.

RICH AND DENNIS HAVE THE BEST DRIVES OF ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY CAREFULLY PRE PLANNED AND PRE DRIVEN, SO THE TWO GROUPS MEET AT THE PREDETERMINED LOCATIONS. ALMOST TO THE MINUTE !!!

And the Toyota speedway show and finale was a chance to see lots of great cars, catch up wih old friends and see and talk tonew ones too.

In '09 we even were permitted to do a victory lap in our cars around the speedway, and much to the delight of the crowd I did a burnout in front of the stands.

Though i was not supposed to do that.

Couple of pic's from the '09 event.

"Diselchatter" '91 350SDL turbo

"Jim B." '91 560SEC AMG

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)

Last edited by Jim B.; 06-09-2011 at 06:54 AM.