View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
How far along is the top operating?
Common scenario is the windows will lower, then one or none of the locks on the windshield header will release.
In this case you can "help" the locks unlock on the header, but then would recommend completing the cycle with the switch nstead of manually.
Sometimes just pulling down on the side of the top that won't unlock will release enough pressure that the top will unlatch by itself.
If the top hasn't been operated for awhile, just running it through the cycle a few times (if you can get it to go) will get air out of the system and it'll function normal as well, so don't order anything just yet!
Thanks Gilly for the quick reply. It's had 6 of the 12 cylinders rebuilt and it has worked fine for 3 months since I bought it.

The top will unlatch, and it actually goes completely vertical, the rear window flips up vertically, and the tonneau cover does the same - then it just sits. Won't fold down.

Oh yeah - I've been using it at least a couple times a week, so I don't think air would be an issue

current: 08 C300 Luxury , 92 500SL

Last edited by Will_w202; 06-11-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: further info