View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
I purchased Elsbett Technology and the glow plugs, after the Euro conversion, it was under $400 USD. As for the glowplugs, go with Bosch Chromium glowplugs and upgraded relay. Elsbett apparently does not make their own, they just re-market them. I have been using Elsbett for almost 2 years. I can tell you that if you purge with no.2 diesel, it will knock like crazy. I got GREAT customer service from Alex in Germany, which is kind of nuts since I tried contacting the US Rep a few times, and I got pretty crappy customer service. So, if you want customer service, you MAY be stuck with the person named Alex Noak (sic) in Germany. As for the injectors, they do a better job than stock. That is true without a doubt, BUT you still need to get your grease up to at least 160 F or BETTER. The real key is a 60 plate heat exchanger mounted where your battery is and the battery in the trunk. I have a 85 MB 300 Turbo, and this is my 4th year on WVO, with almost 2 years with Elsbett. I needed new injectors when I did the conversion, so I cannot give you a great response since I did not have the chance to compare good injectors against Elsbett. They are pricey, about twice that of Monarks, but if they atomize better, then they are worth it. BUT, how does one prove they atomize better? You will get junk in the injectors even after 1 week with perfectly filtered and heated WVO. I firmly believe the junk is the nature of the beast, but it is better than $4 a gallon.
I thought that Elsbett might have said something like our Injectors have a larger Orifice and Pintel, the Pintel angle is different from stock so it atomizes the WVO better and does not clog up with Carbon as easily.
More details like that.