View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 07:02 PM
MikeTangas's Avatar
MikeTangas MikeTangas is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 4,430
If all you see is a large hole with the rod passing through, then your bushings have taken a trip south. The hole should be completely covered by bushing, except where the rod passes through.

The two sets of bushings are the shift rod bushings (what you're looking for) and the shifter bushings. The shifter bushings are located in the shift gate and support the shifter in it's front to rear travel.
Mike Tangas
'73 280SEL 4.5 (9/72)- RIP
Only 8,173 units built from 5/71 thru 11/72

'02 CLK320 Cabriolet - wifey's mid-life crisis

2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon least its a diesel

Non illegitemae carborundum.
Reply With Quote