View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 PM

Cheapo injector cleaning.

I use the info here to clean the injectors and nozzles and the result is night and day. The 300D used to shake at idle real bad and I need almost full throttle to start it when cold. Also I need to start it a few times because the engine would not stay on. This is what I did and it makes a world of difference.

1) I do not know how long have the injectors been in service but the car has 340+K miles. I can see the flat surface of the nozzle is pitted so it must have in use for a while. I do not have a pop tester so I scratched a mark between the 2 halves before I disasmbled it.
2) Soaked them in gas and cleaned all the parts well. Use compress air to blow out all dirt and reassemble them. I did one injector at a time making sure all parts were put back in the same orientation, including the shim.
3) Re-torque the 2 halves and make sure the scratch mark aligned. By aligning the mark, I presume the pop pressure should be very close to what it was before.
4) Repeat for all injectors.
5) Reinstall and replace all heat shields.

The difference is amazing. The car now starts first time every time with a slight touch of the pedal, idles well and accelerates smoothly. I cannot compare what the car would be like with new and fully balance nozzles but all the rough start or shaking are gone. The bottom line is that I am very happy with the result at minimum costs.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.