View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak View Post
A few questions and maybe a suggestion:

Did it run on biodiesel or WVO? Bio has a less bad reputation than WVO for gunking up an engine and fuel system. Old bio vs. old WVO in the tank will probably also have significant differences.

The voltages at the GP relay or fuse sound wrong. Do you get the normal light cycle for the GP light? If the relay's working correctly it should glow, then go out in less than around 30 seconds, then you should be able to hear a "click" when the relay shuts off, maybe around 45-ish seconds.

The 123's have a history of failing ignition switches over time. It could be possible you've got an internal switch failure that's engaging the starter but maybe not providing power to the GP relay. Not a high probability but if you're getting strange voltage readings it may be worth considering.

Double check the fusible link for the GP relay to make sure it's not cracked or loose.
I'm not sure what he ran, from the smell I would say biodiesel, but from the crap the pre-filter is picking up it looks like someone dumped WVO in the tank too (it looks like scraps from a deep frier).

The glow plug light only cycles for MAYBE 5 seconds, and I can't hear the relay, but I can pull the GP relay and the GP light will begin flashing.

I am tempted to pull the IP and replace it with the spare, I get fuel at the injectors, but it wasn't spraying, just kind of pooling out of the cracked injector lines.

So, perhaps the IP got toasted by WVO?