View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjames View Post
Is it warm there today? Can you move the car so the engine bay is in the sun for the hottest part of the day? Leave the hood open. Ditch your jug of fuel, and hook the car up to a can of diesel purge. Keep working on your glowplug troubleshooting while the car is "cooking". After he's gotten a good suntan, spray a bunch of WD-40 into the intake, then crank it a few times. Make sure you have a REALLY hot battery, too. The key is to crank it a couple 5-6 times, spray a little more wd in the intake, run the glowplugs, crank 5-6 times... be patient. AND KEEP YOUR BATTERY FULLY CHARGED. If it starts to catch, push the accelerator to the floor and keep cranking. Then charge your battery back up before the next attempt.

Jay.
I am really suspecting the IP now, I test all the glow plugs, they are all good, bypassed the relay, and I know they are warming, but the IP is putting out almost no fuel pressure, removing the lines and cranking the engine, which on my 1.9l TDI or 1.6l IDI would squirt fuel everywhere, it just dribble lightly on each stroke.

Can anyone tell me if their pump squirts strongly when they crank it over to bleed the lines?