View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
ROLLGUY

Correct me if I am wrong, but just forcing more air in (adding a turbo to a 240 without any other mods) will not do anything. It needs more fuel as well. Would just changing the elements to larger ones be the only thing needed to add more fuel? Is there an adjustment on the stock 240 I P that will add more fuel? I don't really like a lot of smoke from my turbo 617's, so I don't remove the ALDA. Adjusting the ALDA has given satisfactory (improved) performance from all the ALDA's I have adjusted. I think adding the ALDA ( rear section from a turbo I P ?) and associated plumbing to a 4 cyl I P would keep the smoke to a minimum. I am just thinking out loud here. There is a valve on top of the 4 cyl I P (aneroid valve?). What function does it have that is different from an ALDA? Would I need to heavily modify a 4 cyl N/A I P to work well with a turbo, or just replace the valve on top with an ALDA? I suppose I could just take the 2 I P 's apart (I have both) and experiment, but someone here may know what I am up against, and share it.