View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM. View Post
You should mask and spray the gold roof/window trim black. It looks so out of place on the 1990 and up cars. I don't know why on earth Mercedes chose to use "gold" for those pieces when nothing else on the entire car is gold.

I changed out the one piece above the windshield, and the two long strips that run along the roof to hood line with the painted gray 86-89 trim. Pretty easy swap. Replacing the rear window trim is too much of a PITA, so I will probably mask/spray.
My car didn't come with gold strim, its all chrome, unless the gold faded with age and sun . I would want to do my trim black, but the chrome doesn't look out of place at all. JohnM do you have pictures to post?

mbzman, I do agree with you which is why I stayed away from purchasing non-stock rims. But, you must admit that the lights on the older mbz's are complete garbage as far as the output. I really didn't like the look either, stock or not, it was just hideous to me the way that I had a boxy glass lens and then a plastic lens right next to it that would eventually become yellow. But I will steer away from cheap body kits and spoilers, I think that if I wanted to do that I'd just buy a Japanese made car.

1990 190E 3.0L