View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Special skill, special tools, stabbing in the dark ??

As a die-hard DIYer, I will try everything, anything to get things fixed without resorting to anything special. Improvisation is the name of the game, not so much I cannot afford them but adventure is fun. I hack Kilma relay, convert A/C, design electronic circuit and improvise. I am admit I am not good with engine or tranny. I will try anything as long as I do not put myself or other road users at risk. This forum has a wealth of info, all about DIY and there is no 'Special' about it. Just look at the ingenious methods some members came up to fabricate tools to get things done. That said, there are special MBZ tools that are needed but IMO not with injectors. Any backyard mechanic can service an injectors with ( may be without ) a pop tester.

We do not need a dentist with special drill bits.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.