View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 02:10 PM

Hi TomE500- - I'm fantastic!

Totally fantastic and ready for another weekend! ....I'm still glowing from a trip to Willow Springs Intl Raceway last weekend where we exploited a no nonsense CLK55 (3800mi on the odo) all weekend- - track and 1100 mile roadtrip from N Cal to S Cal and back.

No tickets, no accidents- - just a ton of man type fun all weekend!

V1 saved our arse's many many times- - including a cruiser that decided to tail me for about 30 minutes! (on our night drive back on Sunday)....I guess he finally got tired of laying in wait so he crept up ever so slowly and passed at 80mph (limit on I5 is 70mph and I slowed using cruise control set @ 75mph once the V1 started bleeping)...I think he picked me up at a rest stop w/ my cruise set at 90mph....

Also notably, V1 saved me on the evening drive down...cruiser resting (dark, silent, lights off) in the dirt median between North and Southbound lanes.....V1 bleeped off and got steadily stronger --within 45 seconds we located the enforement cruiser with the help of the V1 direction arrows....needless to say we had a good head of steam going prior to the V1's alert

The CLK55 is a monster- - this one is my buddies that was just lowered w/ H&R's and 1 bumps....the 5 speed auto is silky smooth and the torque of thh 5.5L is easily 1on the order of 15% better vs. an E500...it is really a no nonsense super fast (it can get you in trouble) type of MB!

Hope you're doing well and perhaps you can PM me your asking price when you've completed research....I think there's a set for sale on our SL Forum from another 500e owner....like $600 w/ Mich tires... I'd be interested in wheels only.

I bought a chromed 500E OEM set last year w/ tires from another 500e owner here in CA for $300, decided I didn't need them- - and did a quick turn around and sold them for $300. ...I'm thinking now that I'd rather have a painted set for the true bone stock OEM look....

best regards
-fad