View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

Jim they didn't all come from OK--and it started in 29. I know-my granparents were trying to get to Ca in 29 from flatrock Mo -12 miles east of El Dorado, where the orchard failed--or they couldn't get credit at the general store anymore. The old touring car with the family broke down just outside of Perryton Tx at the top of the panhandle where they ended up. In 31 when the rains stopped they were right in the center of it. the "American Experience" episode was a replay their story, talked to a lot of people from Pampa and Spearman, neiboring towns.
And in that Episode of AE the second wave left in 35 and mainly in 36 when so many couldnt hold on any longer, my family had a "produce" buisness--dairy/ Chickens/eggs. I dont see how they made it thru, only a couple aunts are left . I am the youngest of that generations grandchildren and shared my grandfathers birthday. There are another branch-My grandfathers brother/decendants- *#@&, Balko OK on the cimmaron strip that none of us talked to - I suspect deep running hard feelings,they are still there.

Last edited by panZZer; 07-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.