View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:46 PM

W124 - N4/1 - EA/CC module Cable exchange?

Hi guyīs.

I hope you can help me with this one.

Car is European (300E-24) from 1991 with the first M104 engine with the KE-Jettronic injection. just like the old M103 but with 24Valve head.
Engine number is more precis M104.980
It has also ASR and Cruise Controle.

I had mice last year eating a lot og nuts inside my car, they hide behind the firewall just under the windshield wiper or under the electrik fan/blower.

But they just couldīn stop with the nutīs, so they also began eating on my cable that comes from the control boks with the name N4/1 thatīs a VDO boks that controles the Electronic Acelerator pedal control and the Cruise controle, but NOT the idle controle on this model.
It also has the MAS relay.

But I literaly almost rip the whole car apart down to the electric Fan/blower under the windshield wiper, trying to remove the cable so I could repair it (im a Electronic technician so no problem for me) but I need to get the damn cable out to this job, as the cable eating went on just in the midle of the car, where I canīt reach to it.

But with everything split apart, I still canīt pull the cable out from the batery side.
I know it goes over to the other side og the var were there are some big connectors attahced right next to the ignition controle module.
But even though I disassambled all these connectors, I still canīt pulle the cable out.

So my question is, does anyone have a layout of this cable and were it is attached to on the other ends???
I know from the electronic diagram that it is attached to the cruise controle arms connection inside the car, but I have read somewere there should be a connector in the engine bay and I think this is the one tricking me a bit

Does anyone have experince with this cable and haw to remove it?
Attached Thumbnails
W124 - N4/1 - EA/CC module Cable exchange?-n4-1.jpg  

Last edited by Brabus 3.6-24; 07-16-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: adding picture