View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Holmes View Post
I have a 90 300 sel with 140,00 klm. This car has always worked great. One day for no reason it started to stall. Turns out it stopped charging so I put a new alternator on it and same thing. I thought maybe the OVP relay may have failed when the alt went out so I changed that. After it sits for a day it will take off and run great, as soon as it warms up it will stall and then no go. Seems like it is getting to much fuel as it backfires. What could it possibly be??? I have put new injector seals in it and checked everything else. It is charging 14.1 V so that is good. New OVP and still the same thing. Is there any way to pull a code from this thing? I am not sure where to go from here. Very frustrating.
Similiar thing happened to our 1988 300SEL last summer... turned out that the coil had went bad.... not sure if thats your problem, but could be?

Now we have started getting a splutter/miss on a cold engine, looking into that now. Its fine when the engine reaches full operating temperature.