View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Achieving Salvation

Advice on headlights

Hello friends:

Here's a question about headlights. I have the regular headlights on my 190e 2.6 ('93 model year). For the most part, the headlights are OK, but I really have problems when it's raining outside and I'm driving, or there's low visiability. I'm blind in one eye and have vision problems to begin with. I drive some country roads, and with winter coming, I'll tend to do quite a bit of night driving. I scared myself a couple of times this summer when I was driving late at night in the rain, and don't want that same feeling in the snow.

Do you think that I could get a brighter light bulb for my headlights to fix this problem, or do you think I would have to look into getting those european model headlights? I did find a pair for $249 on a web site somewhere. It's kind of a lot of money for headlights, and I guess I'll pay it if it will help me to see the road better. But if a simple change in light bulbs would work, then that might be a cheaper route for me.

I would have to have these european lights installed I guess. I'm not very mechanically inclined and can't see small things, so I don't really attempt any repairs. How much would it cost to have european lights installed? Where could I go to have them installed? I would really be grateful for your input.

Thanks for reading and for responding.

Take care,
Michael.