View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 PM

95 e320 a/c compressor

A/c system stopped blowing cold air, recharged and cold air returned for a week or so, traced leak to compressor after adding dye, found dye around compressor clutch assumed shaft leaking. Intended to rebuild compressor (10PA17C) but found a rebuild on Ebay for $175.00. replaced compressor, receiver dryer added oil per MB manual, held vacuum at @30in for 1/2 hour. Began adding freon, jumped switch to activate compressor/clutch and nothing happened. I compared the ohm readings at the three pins between the old compressor and new, finding pins 1-2 = @825 ohm on old compressor but open on replacement, I am assuming this is the coil, cannot locate a drawing to confirm. During t/shooting read many stories about relays and control modules, and I had power at fuse 7 and at wire to pressure switch, but never at the compressor, my big question is do I need a working coil to get power at the compressor? or did I set off a cut off switch or something by putting in a crappy compressor? Yeah I know should of checked coil before install.