View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
Here's my typical weight rant using myself as an example:

Overweight and fat/obese are two different things. I am technically obese according to the awful BMI "standards". Yet my body fat level is far below average. Why? Its because I lift, and lift hard. Functional strength is pretty awesome but makes you look like a giant barrel in your core and lower body. It has incredible benefits though--Saturday I lifted and dragged (sideways, not rolling it) a utility trailer loaded with furniture, and find ways to apply the training all the time whereas previously I'd resort to asking for help, getting a hand cart, etc. I still look normal enough to where people don't stare at me...only drawback is my ass and quads with pants, haven't really solved that one after several rips .

Even being classified as "obese" I do a 50 mile ride at 17-ish mph average every weekend, go to the gym 4 days a week doing squats, deadlifts, etc (no wimpy low weight high rep nonsense). If I didn't lift at this weight I'd be approaching landwhale mode. Personally I'd probably look for another nutritionist if it was 40+ lbs of unhealthy sloppy looking fat--and that's being totally honest. To me that's like a mechanic driving a car without ever changing the oil. 40lbs of muscle with a reasonable fat content is a totally different story.
I lift every other day, a run 5x/week. All functional. Will start yoga soon as well. I'm overweight (66th percentile) according to BMI (CDC-WHO).

This nutrionist isn't fit, she's a load. I'm tempted not to refer...

Currently Benzless
Formerly: 300TD, S600, E55, 560SEL

---= The forest breathes, listen.
-Native American elder