View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member

Talking They sent Homeland Security to my House

What a big waste of tax dollars. A representative or errrr Special Agent of H S shows up at the house last night to ask me some questions.

A couple weeks ago I bought at auction two Military Trailers for chump change. Seems there is a little snafu with my EUC Paperwork. It seems that I answered a question wrong In section 1 (a) it asks what I am going to do with the item (trailer). I put "intended use" which is one of the selections. Seems OK right? Its a trailer, going to haul stuff - better than putting "Going to give one to my son because he is tearing the crap out of my good trailer hauling brush and Going to cut the axles off the other trailer and use it for a duck blind.

Well that is the wrong answer. It seems these trailers were ammunition trailers and nothing slips by the keen eye of these HS People. I thought the Agent was a pretty sensible guy, so hey I came clean and told him that yes one was going to be a trailer but the other a duck blind. Small space on form easier to check "intended use". Ok all is good, right? Nope, he paused for a moment and asked me - " So you falsified your DLA Form 1822?" I wanted to just bust out and yell - Ya you got me - fine work young man busting up my little sleeper cell here in MS, but didn't in feer this guy would go nutz and you all would be reading about be on MSN and posting links here on the forum

We filled out an adendum to the form -after water boarding me for over an hour I put the real use for these trailers. All is done. He said my little misleading facts could hold up the approval of me picking my jems up for up to 60 days?

What a crock.

(OK I am done)
98 E300 DT
97 E420 Donor Car - NEED PARTS? PM ME!
97 S500
97 E300D
86 Holden Jackaroo Turbo D
86 300SDL
(o\|/o)

Last edited by TX76513; 07-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.