View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:44 AM

people are hot, tired, worried, some desperate. But people are largely still good, decent, even generous. I see it every day. First off, think of all the REALLY bad people. The Madoffs, the Marvin Warners, folks like that. Warner hurt a lot of people really bad. I figured somebody would pull a Jack Ruby on him. Instead, the worst he got was some little old lady hit him over the head with her purse. People are pretty good even when you are really bad to them. In all the natural disasters of the past ten years, look at the response. Folks from near and far helping their neighbors - even neighbors they have never met.
A lot of people drive crazy. but a lot don't. Most, at worst drive distracted. The heat is taking a toll on folks and machinery right now. Inside of one mile I saw a big Fed-Ex box truck have a massive blow out and then a Ford Exploder-well, the engine exploded! Sudden massive smoke cloud and quick three lane changes to get to right side of road. (guy had just passed me couple miles before doing at least 10 over). And his engine was making unhappy noises then.
It is easy to notice the bad stuff. We seldom notice the good stuff, but it is still going on all the time.